The Google Chrome browser is constantly advancing the user’s convenience and functionality. It has many settings offered to change its work according to your preferences. Users often experiment with the many Chrome browser settings. For example, they install various extensions, plugins, and change themes in the design.
However, along with the variety comes a few problems with the browser. Furthermore, you can often become a victim of malware, resulting in malfunctions and crashes of the browser. To fix this problem, you will need to return the browser to their original default settings.
Note: This method is used on Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Mac OS X, and macOS Sierra operating systems.
To restore your browser to normal operation, follow these steps and return the settings to their Default State:
- Launch Google Chrome and open its main menu. It can be easily detected, it is presented in the form of three horizontal stripes.
2. In this menu, select the Settings item. This is the main tool thanks to which you can change many browser parliaments.
3. Now you need to scroll down the page. Use the scroll bar at the end of the screen, your mouse wheel, or the down arrow on your keyboard. Scroll until you see the Advanced link.
4. Next, select Advanced. Below is a list of advanced browser options. Scroll down again until the Reset Settings heading appears.
5. Click on the button called Reset Settings. It remains only to make a final decision.
6. Press the Reset Settings button again. After clicking on this button, the browser settings will be reset to the original.
What happens after resetting?
After resetting the browser to the default state, these settings will be affected and possibly deleted:
– The default search engine.
– Home and start pages.
– Quick access page.
– Tabs that you saved.
– Content settings, such as ad-blocking or setting up a webcam or microphone sound.
– Site data and cookies, such as products in your shopping cart in an online store.
– Themes and Browser Extensions.
Data that is associated with your Google account and that were saved in the cloud will remain intact.