Whenever you either fire up the browser or click on the home button, you are automatically redirected to the page that is used as a homepage by default. The button is usually situated next to the refresh button. Google’s flagship browser generally sends users to the “new tab” when you press the button. However, some users may prefer to set a specific destination for their newly opened tabs. If you want to change the URL of your homepage, we will show you how to do it.
Let’s change it
In order to adjust the settings in regards to your default homepage, you will need to perform the following actions:
1. Enter the general menu of the browser.
2. In the bottom part of the list of options, you will see the submenu “Settings”.
3. Scroll down the tab until you reach the point where you see the block called “Show Home Button”.
4. Make sure to enable the option before proceeding.
5. Select the option that allows you to use a custom URL for the homepage.
6. Enter the desired internet address and click anywhere on the tab to confirm the input.
Setting up the starting page
When you launch the browser, you are redirected to a default starting page that you can also change if you need to. Here’s how you can accomplish that:
1. Again, go to the menu and then, to settings.
2. Scroll down until you hit the “On Startup” block.
3. Put the address you need as your starting one in the box that appears after you click the “Add a new page” button.